1. NAME OF TRUST
SHREE SORATHIA PRAJAPATI EDUCATION TRUST.
2. MAIN OFFICE
Main Office of the Trust will be located at Ahmedabad, Gujarat but if necessary, branches may be established at other venues.
(i) The main office as well as any branches that may be opened at other locations will perform its duties as directed by the Directors of the Board of the Education Trust.
(ii) Many families and persons of our community – The Sorathia Prajapati Community – live in foreign countries like United Kingdom, United States of America and other countries in the continent of Europe and Africa. As and when necessary the trust will start its activities in these countries and open branches there subject to the local laws. (Of the relevant countries). These branches will also function according to the direction/instructions of the Directors of the Board of the Education Trust.
1. Sansthas - Organisations
These Mandals (Organisations) made up of persons (male and /or females) who would help the Trust in Ahmedabad as well as in foreign countries.
2. Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community will mean all members of the Sorathia Prajapati Community (Gnati) living in Gujarat State, India and all such community members living outside India.
Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community UK means the organisation working for and consisting of registered members of the Community in the United Kingdom.
3. Members of the Shree Sorathia Prajapati living in various countries will be able to appoint advisory subcommittee to help the Trust. Rules and Regulations governing such sub committees will be constituted in due course of time.
4. In this constitution wherever the word "Hindustan" is used it should be construed to mean Bharat. And wherever the word UK or USA appear they should be construed to mean United Kingdom or United States of America respectively, and wherever the word "Saurashtra" appear it should be construed to read as Gujarat State. Wherever the word community appears it means the Gnati.
5. Trust: Means Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust.
6. Trust Mandal: Means a Committee of elected Trustees of Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust.
7. The Year: Means the accounting year of the Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust beginning on 1st of April and ending on 31st March of the following calendar year.
8. Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community shall be the owners of Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust.
1. To promote education and spread knowledge in Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community by awarding scholarships and prizes, distributing books to enthusiastic and eligible pupils.
2. When necessary to establish and run Boarding Houses (Chhatralayas) in the major cities of India under the banner of Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust.
3. To take necessary steps for creating permanent income for Trust and for its day to day running costs.
4. To undertake proactive agenda to preliminary and higher education of the boys and girls of the community; to establish educational centres for this purpose and supervise them.
5. To award scholarships to deserving and intelligent boy and girl students of the community; to also give loans and provide other assistance to such students.
5. ACTIVITIES AND REGULATIONS1. To achieve the above objectives and aims, the trust will seek to obtain grants, relief's monopoly's, buildings, guarantees, rights of gifts from the government of India, local organisations, City Councils and individuals and also seek help from others.
2. The main office of the trust will only arrive at a decision after proper consultation when a conditional offer is made for a donation or a gift by any local organisation or by anybody else.
3. To achieve its objectives the Trust will accept moveable property belonging to others, subject to the rules and regulations of the Trust and without endangering the good name of the Trust.
4. Subject to the Trust Act, to invest money, but the power to invest money or purchase moveable or immoveable will be vested in the Trust.
5. Main objective of the Trust will be kept in view when undertaking any of the above activities and when obeying the rules and regulations of the Trust.
6. When any addition or alteration are made to the assets of the Trust by various donations, gifts, sales of property, mortgage, property obtained from the government or from any other source, donations from the mandal Any changes to this constitution shall only be made by general meeting of the Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust.
6. CURRENT TRUSTEES & THE TRUST BODY 2015-20191. Names and address of the Trustees and Managers
i. Rameshbhai Meraman Chandegra
162 Whitton Ave East; Greenford; Middlesex, UB6 0PZ, UK
ii. Anilkumar Manak Solanki
41, Clarence Gate, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 8GN, UK
iii. Dhirajbhai Bhimji Ghedia
11, Heath Green Way, West Wood Heath, Coventry CV4 8GU, UK
iv. Thakershibhai Velji Kukadia
85b, Oakington Avenue, Wembley Park, Middlesex HA9 8HY, UK
v. Pravinbhai Narshi Dhokia
112, Maidvale Crescent, Styvechale, Coventry, Warwickshire, CV3 6GA, UK
vi. Hasmukhbhai Karsan Kukadia
Mahakali Krupa; 51 Parasnagar; Near Modha School; Narsang Tekari; Porbander 360575, India.
vii. Mansukhbhai Govind Pankhania
Post Tarsai; Jamjodhpur Taluka; Dist. Jamnagar, Pin 360531; Gujarat – India.
viii. Gautambhai Devji S Visavadia
Sector I/C Plot 250/2; Gandhinagar 380001 India.
viiii. Jayantibhai Chhagan Vegad
Flat No. 302 Satyanarayan Flat. Jail Road, Anantwadi, Bhavnagar, Gujarat 364001
7. TRUSTEES1. The Trustees will unanimously carry out all the activities of the Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust.
2. The Trustees shall send audited annual report and accounts of annual income and expenditure to Shree Sorathia Prajapati Mandals in overseas countries and other supporting associations. This will be one of the most important duties of the main office of the Trust.
3. The tenure of the Trustees Mandal will be for four years and at the end of each four years a New Trust Mandal will be formed by fresh elections. The power to nominate any Trustee will be vested to the members of the Shree Sorathia Prajapatis living in foreign countries (outside India).
4. When necessary, for smooth running of the Trust Mandal activities, Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust may with the cooperation of the organisation working for this purpose appoint subcommittee. They may introduce minor rules and regulations under appropriate guidance of Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community UK.
5. If any Trustee is seen to be harming the objectives or the interest of the Trust, or acting in a manner agitating to other Trustees, then the rest of the Trustees will stop him from doing so. If in spite of such efforts he does not stop, then the Trustees will dismiss him after due deliberations.
6. Any resignation by a Trustee will be placed before Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust working committee. Resignation will only be accepted after passing of a resolution to this effect. The Education Trustee may fill the vacant position by a majority vote. The acceptance of new trustee and acceptance of resignation shall be approved by the Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community member's settled abroad typically in UK.
7. There will be minimum number of five and maximum number of fifteen Trustees on the board.
8. Whenever any of the Trustees resigns or when a Trustee's position becomes vacant for any reason, the remaining Trustees will continue the work of the Trust and that will be considered legal. At the end of the term a fresh election is held, the current (existing) Trustees will be able to stand for re-election.
9. The Trust Mandal will have authority to buy or sell Trust's property in a manner that the Trust does not suffer any loss.
10. ANY TRUSTEE WILL LOOSE HIS POSITION FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
i. If he goes in liquidation i.e. he becomes insolvent.
ii. If he loses his mental ability.
iii. If he resigns.
iv. If he contravenes the Trust's objectives.
v. If he is sentenced for any anti-social crime.
Any of the above reasons will disqualify him as a Trustee.
11. Every Trustee will be required to attend all the meetings. If he is unable to attend a meeting he will have to submit written explanation. On acceptance of the explanation from the absent Trustee(s) rest of the Trustees will carry out the work of the meeting. The absentee Trustee will be bound by any decision taken at the meeting.
12. Trustees of the Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust will not be able to stand for election in the working committee of their local Mandals. They would be able to hold position of Trustee in such organisation.
13. The Trust Mandal will hold a meeting every three to six months, and organise the working of meetings on permanent basis, may appoint a trustee subcommittee if necessary. They will present a report of their activities which will be sent out to Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community UK as well as such other organisation in America for their guidance.
14. If for any reason, a difference of opinion should arise in the Trust Mandal then help and cooperation (guidance) will be sought from Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community UK whose decision will be final.
15. Any Trustee who wishes to resign will submit his resignation letter to the Managing Trustee. The Trust Mandal will discuss his resignation after which the Managing Trustee will declare his decision.
16. To monitor the working of the Trust an Annual meeting of the Trust Mandal will be held every year. If necessary the Managing Trustee will be able to call an additional meeting. In this annual meeting, the trust's budget, audited accounts, annual report and news plans for the coming year will be approved.
8. TRUST'S FUND AND ITS MANAGEMENT1. Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust's fund will be raised in UK from the entire Shree Sorathia Prajapati community branches education support fund and from donations by all members of the Sorathia Prajapati community in UK and other countries.
2. All the monies in the Education Fund will be kept in the Bank of India Porbander branch and its Rajkot Branch.
3. The account will be in the name of Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust.
9. TYPES OF ACCOUNTThe following three types of accounts will be opened in the Bank of India Porbander Branch:
1. Permanent Account: This account will be forever. Monies deposited into this account will never be allowed to be withdrawn. The Bank will pay automatically at the end of each year the interest earned by funds in this account into savings account number (3). In future there may be amendments and/or additions in the constitution, but this section will never be amended and no one will be allowed to amend this section.
2. Deposit Account: Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community will deposit into this account any amount they may deem proper. Interest earned in this account will be paid periodically / or annualised savings Account Number (3). The Trust Mandal will use this account according to the instructions of the Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community UK.
3. Savings Account: Annual interest of the above accounts 1) Permanent Account 2) Deposit Account, will be paid by the Bank into this account. The Trust Mandal will be able to use only the interest accumulated in this account for providing education, scholarships or other educational purposes.
11. FUNDS ADMINISTRATION1. The interest earned by funds of the Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Fund will be solely used for the students who have obtained scholarships in Bharat for their Education. The Trust Mandal will have sole authority to manage it.
2. The remittance of amounts accumulated in UK for the above funds as well as any amounts accumulated in the local education fund will be managed by Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community UK and keeping the Managing trustee informed in writing.
3. If necessary the Trust Mandal may be able to deposit into the Savings account any amounts received as donations upon written approval of Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community UK.
12. METHOD OF APPOINTING MANAGING TRUSTEE AND HIS SUCCESSOR1. The Trust Mandal will appoint one of their members as a Managing Trustee. It will also decide the term of the Managing Trustee. The appointment of successor trustees will be made by election.
2. The Managing Trustee will periodically put before the Trust Mandal plans for successful management plan for activities being carried out by educational centres run by the Trust.
3. The Managing Trustee will make arrangement for the trusts activities and for their proper implementation. He will also oversee the work of the Trust and call meeting of the Trust.
13. PROVISION FOR EXTRAORDINARY (UNEXPECTED) CIRCUMSTANCES1. If for any natural or unusual circumstances Shree Sorathia Prajapati Community UK stops functioning or the Trust Mandal does not receive guidance then in these circumstances, the Trust Mandal will arrive at proper decision by a majority vote at the same time strictly adhering to the constitution and Rules and Regulations. Under such circumstances when necessary, The Trust Mandal will carry on the work and management of Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust with the help of persons they may consider fit for the purpose.
14. REGISTRATION1. We the undersigned hereby declare that we have decided to form Shree Sorathia Prajapati Education Trust, and we the undersigned Trustees intend to register this Trust under the Bombay Trust Act 1950, and for this we have signed this document.
FOUNDING MEMBERS OF THE TRUST
1.1 Ramnikbhai Dahyabhai Yadav
Kashi Vishwanath Road, Harshad Sadan, Jamnaagar, Gujarat.
1.2 Arshibhai Naran Koria
Shantikar Hindu Hotel, Ranavav, District Junagadh, Gujarat.
1.3 Karsanbhai Rajshi Devalia
Kashi Vishwanath Road, Jamnagar, Gujarat.
1.4 Veljibhai Natha Gadher
Behind Sudama Mandir, Porbander.
1.5 Jayantilal Mandan Chitroda
C/o Vrajmoti Building, Behind Rameshwar Mahadev, Law Garden, Ahmedabad.
1.6 Hirjibhai Jessabhai Gohil
Gohil Niwas, Near Paramount Lodge, Station Road, Porbander.
1.7 Mohanlal Virjibhai Fatania
P O Ranavav, District Junagadh, Gujarat.
1.8 Bhojabhai Madhavji Vara
Digvijay Plot, P O Jamnagar, District Jamnagar, Gujarat.
The Trust comes into being on 10/09/1979 registered in Ahmedabad Reg. No. A/2607